Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Monday, April 22, 2013

Jeffrey Sachs Calls Out Wall Street Criminality and Pathological Greed

Naked Capitalism - April 19, 2013

One of the things that Matt Stoller has stressed that the possibility of reform is remote until breaks within the elites take place.

Jeffrey Sachs, Columbia professor and director of the Earth Institute at Columbia, is a controversial figure for his neoliberal stance on macroeconomics and his role in promoting the use of “shock therapy” in emerging economies. But it is also important to recognize that criticism from a connected, respected insider has more significance than that of someone like Bill Black, who has made a career of taking on bank fraud but has never reached a top policy-making level.

To read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment