Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tiny white elite dominates US political donor landscape – study

Russia Today - October 01, 2013

A tiny wealthy male elite is behind most of the biggest contributions to the 2012 election cycle in the US, a new study shows. The report comes just as the US Supreme Court considers whether it should strip a ceiling on political donations.

In a case the Supreme Court will begin hearing next Thursday, Shaun McCutcheon, a wealthy donor backed by the Republican National Committee, is challenging this aggregate limit on how much an individual may donate overall to candidates, parties and political action committees (PACs) over an election cycle.

To read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment