Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

HarvardX Online Course - Understanding Islam through its Scriptures


From: Khalil Andani
Reply-To: Sociology of Islam <sociology_of_islam-g@vt.edu>
Date: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 6:58 AM
To: Sociology of Islam <sociology_of_islam-g@vt.edu>
Subject: [Sociology_of_Islam] HarvardX Online Course - Understanding Islam through its Scriptures

Dear Colleagues

Wanted to remind you all that Harvard's online course Understanding Islam through its Scriptures is continuing this week and Day 4 begins tomorrow, which focuses on the relationship between the Holy Qur'an and the Prophet Muhammad.


While I am sure  nobody here needs an Intro to Islam course, I encourage and invite you to sign up so you can see what kind of discussions are taking place among the diverse array students. Seeing people's own interactions could help you prepare for your own classes. Also, some of the reading material (on the Qur'an, Shi'i Islam, etc.) is new and specially created for the course and may prove useful to your own respective courses on Intro to Islam. But one of the most interesting aspects are the open FB discussions by course participants (there are also private discussion areas too). 

Of course registration is totally free and you move through the modules at your own pace. As I am one of the TA's for this course, I hope to catch some of you in the Discussion Threads this week.
 
--
Khalil Andani, CA-CPA, MTS - Islamic Studies (Harvard)
Doctor of Philosophy Candidate - Islamic Studies
Harvard University

No comments:

Post a Comment