Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Friday, September 28, 2012

"Harvest of Empire": New Film Recounts How U.S. Intervention Caused Mass Latin American Migrations


September 25, 2012

At a time of heated and divisive debate over immigration, the new feature-length documentary, "Harvest of Empire," examines the direct connection between the long history of U.S. intervention in Latin America and the immigration crisis we face today. Based on the groundbreaking book by award-winning journalist and Democracy Now! co-host Juan González, "Harvest of Empire" takes an unflinching look at the role that U.S. economic and military interests played in triggering an unprecedented wave of migration that is transforming our nation’s cultural and economic landscape. González is a columnist at the New York Daily News and author of three other books, including "News for All the People: The Epic Story of Race and the American Media." We’re also joined by the film’s co-director, Eduardo López

No comments:

Post a Comment