Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Friday, September 28, 2012

Dutch News

Friday 28 September 2012

Heineken has been given the green light to take over Asia Pacific Breweries, ending a takeover battle of several months with Thai Beverage.
Shareholders in Fraser and Neave voted in favour of Heineken’s €3.5 bn offer for its stake in the brewer of Tiger Beer. F&N owns almost 40% of Asia Pacific.
APB brews beer in 14 countries including China. The takeover will give Heineken a strong base in the region, where beer consumption is growing steadily.
The Financieele Dagblad points out this is the third major takeover by Heineken under chief executive Jean-François van Boxmeer. In 2010, the Dutch brewer took over Mexico’s Femsa for €5.3bn.
Two years ago Heineken and Denmark’s Carlsberg took over British brewer Scottish & Newcastle. The Dutch share cost £4.5mrd.
More on the ABP takeover

© DutchNews.nl

No comments:

Post a Comment