Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Friday, October 17, 2014

Harvard is No. 438 in these college rankings

By Rick Newman

Yahoo News - October 16, 2014

Anybody who studies lists of best colleges is used to seeing Ivy League schools and a few other elite perennials filling the top 10. But in a new list of rankings meant to identify the best colleges for lower-income students, the Ivies are closer to the bottom than the top. Montana Tech is the No. 1 school in a new “social mobility index” generated by CollegeNet, a higher-education technology company, and Payscale, a compensation-data firm. The SMI rankings are meant to highlight schools that do the best job of helping disadvantaged students graduate with the ability to start a career free of crushing levels of debt. Five criteria determine the SMI rankings: tuition, percentage of the student body from low-income households, graduation rate, salaries of grads once they start working, and the size of each school’s endowment. Here are the top and bottom 10:


READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment