Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

U.S. Eases Some Limits on Cuban Travel and Commerce

By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS

THE NEW YORK TIMES - SEPT. 18, 2015

WASHINGTON — The White House on Friday announced wide-ranging changes to loosen travel, commerce and investment restrictions on Cuba, moving to fulfill President Obama’s goal of breaking down barriers between Washington and Havana even as the American embargo remains in place.
The rules will allow American companies, including telecommunications and Internet providers, to open locations and hire workers in Cuba, facilitate financial transactions between the two nations and remove limits on the sums that can be taken to the island nation. They are to take effect on Monday on the eve of the visit to Washington by Pope Francis, a proponent of the reconciliation who quietly helped broker the agreement between Mr. Obama and President Raúl Castro last year.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment