Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, December 19, 2015

2nd Ld-Writethru: China strongly opposes U.S. arms sale to Taiwan

ICROSS CHINA - 2015-12-17

BEIJING, Dec. 17 (Xinhua) -- China's Vice Foreign Minister Zheng Zeguang on Wednesday summoned Kaye Lee, charge d'affaires of the U.S. embassy in China, and made solemn representations to the United States over its arms sale to Taiwan. Zheng made the statement shortly after the U.S. administration announced a 1.83-billion-U.S.-dollar arms sale package for Taiwan. "Taiwan is an inalienable part of China's territory. China strongly opposes the U.S. arms sale to Taiwan," Zheng said. The arms sale severely goes against international law and the basic norms of international relations, severely goes against the principles in the three China-U.S. joint communiques, and severely harms China's sovereignty and security interests, he said.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment