Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Monday, January 18, 2016

Going Public? Privatization of Saudi Aramco Requires Serious Changes

SPUTNIK - 16.01.2016

While Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Prince Mohammad bin Salman insists he is "enthusiastic" about the possible privatization of Aramco, experts are racking their brains over the monarchy's decision, asking whether a Saudi Aramco IPO will make any sense for the ruling family.
There is certainly a logic to privatizing Aramco, Perry Cammack and David Livingston of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace note, adding, however, that although privatizing of the Saudi oil giant is attractive, it is unlikely.  Saudi Aramco is undoubtedly the most valuable company in the world. Since 1980 the company has been owned by the government of the Gulf Kingdom. According to some estimates, if Aramco went public its market capitalization would reach $10 trillion, overshadowing Apple, ExxonMobil, Berkshire Hathaway and Google — combined.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment