Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, September 29, 2012

UPS/FedEX: Inside the Package Wars

CNBC

The two delivery giants are in a race against time and each other. UPS brings in more than $50-billion a year and is the world’s ninth largest airline. FedEx, with $40-billion in annual revenue, is not just a company… it’s a verb.

CNBC takes you inside the mad dash to move more than 25-million packages a day. It’s a revealing look at a complex system of jaw dropping automation that feeds an army of trucks on the ground and a fleet of planes in the sky. Our cameras explore the inner-workings of UPS Worldport and the FedEx Super Hub, showing how extreme automation and hi-tech logistics help two companies succeed. Under the crush of an e-commerce revolution, both companies are forced to invent ways to be faster, smarter, and cheaper. Plus, beyond packages… a new frontier: the delivery giants set their sights on even more growth with unique strategies that have the delivery guys cashing in on pharma, smart phones and even luxury cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment