Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, May 18, 2014

The World's Biggest Oil Companies

By Christopher Helman

Forbes - 7/16/2012

Every once in a while it’s good to remind ourselves who really controls the world’s horde of oil and gas. When you here the words “Big Oil” the company that likely springs first to mind is ExxonMobil. But in reality there are far bigger players than Exxon. More than 70% of world oil reserves, and an even greater percentage of the remaining reserves of “easy oil” are held by national oil companies controlled by kings and potentates and even some democratically elected governments like Saudi Arabia, Venezuela and Norway.
But when sorting through the rankings of the World’s 25 Biggest Oil Companies and looking at who controls and influences the biggest of big oil one thing becomes clear: no industry leader has more sway, has twisted more arms or made more deals than Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment