Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

China's Singles' Day becomes world's most lucrative online shopping day

Russia Today - November 11, 2014

Singles’ Day, adapted by the Alibaba Group in 2009, has surpassed America's Black Friday to become the world's most lucrative online shopping day. With nearly $9 billion in sales, it is on track to becoming the most profitable manufactured holiday ever.
Singles' Day, a celebration for unmarried people in China, is a twist on the long-running tradition of Valentine’s Day. It was invented by students in the early 1990s. The date of Singles' Day, 11/11, is due to the association that single people have with the number one.
The holiday was adapted by the Alibaba Group in 2009. In just four years, sales have rocketed by 5,740 percent.
As of 10 p.m. local time in Hangzhou China, sales had already hit $8.6 billion – up from $5.75 billion in 2013.

READ MORE.....

No comments:

Post a Comment