Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Rice: US invites President Xi for state visit

By CHEN WEIHUA in New York

(Xinhua) - February 08, 2015

The United States government has invited Chinese President Xi Jinping for a state visit this year, US National Security Advisor Susan Rice said on Friday.
Talks about such a visit by Xi to the US this year has been circulated for some time as Xi is also expected to visit the United Nations in New York City in September for the 70th anniversary of the founding of the international body.
If Xi makes his trip to the US in September, it will be his third visit to the US in the last three and half years. He last visited the US in June 2013 with the historical shirt-sleeves summit with Obama at the Sunnylands retreats in Rancho Mirage, California. He also visited the US in February, 2012 as China's vice-president, meeting both Obama and Vice-President Joe Biden and toured Muscatine, Iowa, a small town where Xi first visited in 1985 as a county chief of North China's Hebei province.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment