Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Here are the top 10 American corporations profiting from Egypt's military

The US government gives Egypt $1.3 billion a year. Egypt then uses that money to buy weapons from US corporations.

By Kyle Kim

Global Post - August 16, 2013

The irony is thick: Obama calls on Egypt’s interim government to stop its bloody crackdown on protesters, but continues to give it $1.3 billion a year in military aid.

For decades, Egypt has been one of the largest recipients of US foreign military aid, receiving everything from F-16s to teargas grenades.
So who are the companies reaping the benefits?
The list below were the 10 biggest US Defense contracts involving direct military aid to Egypt from 2009 to 2011, according to The Institute for Southern Studies.

See the table at the bottom of the page for full details of the contracts.

1. Lockheed Martin
Amount: $259 million

To read more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment