Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Holiday Lunacy: How Americans Are Conditioned to Buy Like Pavlov's Dogs When the Corporate Bells Ring

Truth Out - Thursday, 05 December 2013 

By JACQUELINE MARCUS 

The percentage you're paying is too high priced While you're living beyond all your means And the man in the suit has just bought a new car From the profit he's made on your dreams...
—Traffic, "Low Spark of High Heeled Boys"

Yes, it's that's time of year again when working Americans foolishly blow their hard-earned money on junk primarily because of the thousands of advertisements that tell them to do just that at an accelerated rate during the holidays.
Of course, you're not supposed to know about the mothers and children in miserable conditions that labor to make all that material stuff for a buck a day, much less think about how the Company Men exploit the poor by turning them into automatons.

To read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment