Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Ghosts of Imperialism Past: How Colonialism Still Haunts the World Today

Zachary Keck 

The National Interests - February 4, 2015

While the days of European colonialism may be long over, it's legacy is ubiquitious.
That was the message that Michael Ancram, Lord Lothian, a British conservative politician and former MP, delivered to an audience at the Center for the National Interest on Tuesday evening.
In focusing on colonial borders, Ancram gave a unique perspective on some of the most dangerous geopolitical flashpoints afflicting the world today.
Ancram began in the east with the Line of Control (LOC) that delineates the border between India and Pakistan. He noted that the British government’s failure to solve the Kashmir crisis during partition has cast a long shadow over the world. And that shadow has since gone nuclear.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment