The Artificial Intelligence and Social Sciences Academic Network Group was created by me, Tugrul Keskin. I am a professor and director of the Center for Global Governance at Shanghai University, People’s Republic of China and an academic fellow at Cappadocia University in Turkey. This group is hosted by the Virginia Tech email servers. In this group, we would like to share conference information, new books and articles, jobs, documentaries, news etc.
We will organize a conference on Artificial Intelligence and International Relations on April 12, 2019, organized by the Center for Global Governance - Institute of Global Studies, at Shanghai University: http://internationalstudiesandsociology.blogspot.com/2018/07/conference-artificial-intelligence-and.html
If you would like to share your article or book, news, conference information, jobs, etc. please send your email to:
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. If you would like to invite interested scholars to this network, please do so.
Please remember that this is a professional academic network. In the past, we created two academic networks, the Sociology of Islam Academic Network (this includes 3700 academicians from 67 different countries and 415 universities, established in 2007 at Virginia Tech - https://vt.edu/) and the China and the Middle East Academic Network (more than 600 academicians, established in 2013 at Virginia Tech - https://vt.edu/). As a result of this academic network, we organized these four academic conferences:
- 1st International Conference on China in the Middle March 17–18, 2015 Peking University and Indiana University China Office http://english.pku.edu.cnhttp://china.iu.edu
- 2nd Annual International Conference: China and the Middle East - Qatar University, March 23-24, 2016
- 3rd “China and The Middle East” Conference - June 7-8, 2017 Shanghai University http://chinaandthemiddleeast.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-3rd-china-and-middle-east.html
- 4th China and The Middle East Conference: China and West Asia: Economic Development; and Social and Political Cooperation Nevsehir Haci Bektas Veli University Cappadocia - TURKEY June 20-22, 2018
Best to all and enjoy your weekend,
Director of Center for the Global Governance
People’s Republic of China
- Middle East Studies after September 11 Neo-Orientalism, American Hegemony and Academia. Brill, 2018. https://brill.com/view/title/26757
- U.S. Foreign Policy in the Middle East: From American Missionaries to the Islamic State. Routledge, 2018. https://www.routledge.com/US-Foreign-Policy-in-the-Middle-East-From-American-Missionaries-to-the/Gresh-Keskin/p/book/9780815347149
Editor of Sociology of Islam Journal (Brill)
Region Editor of Critical Sociology (Middle East and North Africa)