Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, December 6, 2012

China lands J-15 jet on Liaoning aircraft carrier

BBC
November 25, 2012

China has successfully landed a jet fighter on its new aircraft carrier for the first time, officials say.
A Chinese-made J-15 fighter landed on the 300m (990ft) former Soviet carrier during recent exercises, China's defence ministry said on Sunday.

The Liaoning, China's first aircraft carrier, entered into service in September.
China says the vessel has had extensive sea trials and will increase its capacity to defend state interests.

Analysts say the aircraft carrier will allow Beijing to help project its military might in territorial disputes.

China's state TV showed a hook on the rear of the J-15 catching hold of a cable on the deck of the vessel to slow the plane to a halt during the drill.

To read more.... 

China's Jets Landed on Aircraft Carrier 

No comments:

Post a Comment