Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Friday, June 7, 2013

China's economy might be No 1 in 2030

English.news.cn   
2013-06-07


By Andrew Moody and Lv Chang

BEIJING, June 7 (Xinhuanet) -- China's economy will become twice as big as that of the United States and larger than both the US and the EU combined within just 17 years, according to one of China's leading economists.
Hu Angang, dean of the Institute for Contemporary China Studies, one of China's leading think tanks, makes the prediction in his new book, China 2030.
The book, already out in Chinese and to be published in English next month, is likely to attract major interest around the world.
His forecast - which also sees China becoming the biggest economy by 2020 - is the boldest and most optimistic prediction yet about China's economic future.
It also comes at a time when there are concerns about China's short-term prospects with GDP growth slower than expected in the first quarter at 7.7 percent, down from 7.9 percent in the final quarter of last year.


To read more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment