Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Egypt's Mohamed Morsi: I have made mistakes

President pledges radical reforms to state institutions, but also denounces 'enemies of Egypt' for sabotaging democratic system 

The Guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 26 June 2013

The Egyptian president, Mohamed Morsi, has admitted making mistakes in his first year in office.
In a televised address on Wednesday, Morsi pledged to introduce "radical and quick" reforms in state institutions, admitting some of his goals had not been achieved.
"Today, I present an audit of my first year, with full transparency, along with a road map. Some things were achieved and others not," he said. "I have made mistakes on a number of issues."
But the president also blamed unspecified "enemies of Egypt" for sabotaging the democratic system and warned that the polarised state of the country's politics was threatening to plunge it into chaos.
His speech came before a planned mass demonstration this weekend by his opponents who are demanding that the president resigns and calls an early election.

To read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment