Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Friday, December 26, 2014

German Parliament Approved a Proposal to Develop a Next Generation Tank

Defence Blog - Dec 25, 2014

German Parliament approved a proposal to develop a new generation of tanks, program will be included in the medium-term planning of the German Ministry of Defense.
The decision comes amid tense of “Ukrainian crisis” situation where the number of Leopard 2A6 tanks 225/7 that the Bundeswehr aims to maintain operational would become suddenly rather inadequate.
The explanatory memorandum of document speaks of great importance that the armored units have German Army, they must be supported in the future by equipping a new generation of tanks, especially since the German military industry would be able to deliver such of product.
Development of the new tank could be the subject of cooperation between France and Germany, followed sometime around March 2030 Leopard becomes operational.

READ MORE...

No comments:

Post a Comment