Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, May 10, 2015

George Soros’ son builds a PAC for Jewish voters

By Tarini Parti 

POLITICO - 4/20/15

The son of Democratic mega-donor George Soros is gearing up to play a more active role in the 2016 election with the launch of new political action committee focused on representing the views of Jewish Americans — beyond foreign policy.
Alex Soros, 29, who has steadily increased his political and philanthropic giving in recent years, has helped establish Bend the Arc PAC, the first ever national Jewish political action committee in America focused entirely on domestic issues. Bend the Arc, a non-profit, has an advocacy arm chaired by the younger Soros but has not previously had a political action committee.
Bend the Arc PAC will back progressive candidates by making direct contributions to their campaign committees. It will focus on issues such as income inequality, marriage equality, social justice and immigration reform.
“There’s an opportunity to launch something that actually speaks to what the American Jewish community cares the most about and to show the narrative of what the real American Jewish experience is,” Alex Soros said in an interview.
“The Jewish community has a lot to say based on what we, as Jews, have contributed to the country. It really reflects a lot about me personally. I’m really excited about it.”

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment