Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Turco-Russian Crisis: Erdogan vs. Putin

By Bulent Aliriza     Contributor: Ali, Uslu    

CSIS - Dec 16, 2015

During the morning of November 24 the semi-official Anatolia News Agency quoted “Turkish presidential sources” in reporting that “Turkish jets shot down a warplane believed to be a Russian-type SU-24 after it violated the Turkish air space. The incident happened near Turkey’s southern border with Syria.” Confirmation quickly followed that one of two Russian aircraft on a bombing mission against Syrian Turkmens, backed by Ankara against the Assad regime, was shot down by a Turkish fighter aircraft as it traversed the southernmost tip of the Turkish province of Hatay for 17 seconds before crashing in Syria.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment