Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Gates Foundation focuses $3bn agro-fund on rich countries, ‘pushes GMO agenda in Africa’

Russia Today - November 05, 2014

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation gives the majority of its $3 billion in food and agricultural grants to rich Western countries, with critics accusing it of using its money to force a pro-GMO agenda on Africa, a recent report suggests.
GRAIN, a small international non-profit, made its accusation after breaking down the foundation’s distribution of grants handed out between 2013 and 2014.
Roughly $1.5 billion ends up in the hands of hundreds of different research, development and policy organizations, 80 percent of which are based in the US and Europe. Only 10 percent of those groups, meanwhile, are in Africa.

READ MORE.....

No comments:

Post a Comment