Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Harrison Ford Explained The Story Behind The Best Scene In 'Indiana Jones'

By Steve Kovach 

Business Insider - April 13, 2014

Harrison Ford held an AMA question and answer session on Reddit Sunday, where he discussed the story behind one of the most famous scenes in the "Indiana Jones" films. 
In the first movie, "Raiders of the Lost Ark," Indiana Jones is being chased through the streets of Cairo by a bunch of goons. He comes face to face with a scary swordsman who brandishes his weapon, preparing for what seems to be an epic duel. Instead, Indiana shoots the swordsman.  Genius. 
In the AMA, Ford said the scene was actually supposed to be a lengthy sword fight. But he was suffering from dysentery at the time, and he could only film scenes in 10-minute increments before having to run to his trailer to, uh, take care of business. Instead, Ford and director Steven Spielberg decided it would be better to have Indiana shoot the swordsman, considering the scene would've taken an extra three days to shoot. 

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment