Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Jin Youzhi, Sibling of China’s Last Emperor, Dies at 96

By PATRICK BOEHLER

The New York Times - APRIL 13, 2015

Almost a half-century after the death of China’s last emperor, his last surviving sibling, Jin Youzhi, died on Friday in Beijing. He was 96.
Jia Yinghua, a historian of China’s last imperial family, confirmed the death.
Mr. Jin, a retired primary school teacher, was the half brother of Henry Pu Yi, China’s last emperor. Their Manchu dynasty ruled China for 268 years, until a republic was established in 1912.
“His death marks the end of an era in Chinese history,” Mr. Jia said in an interview on Monday.
Mr. Jin was a great-grandson of the Daoguang Emperor, who ruled China between 1820 and 1850, and a nephew of the Guangxu Emperor, who reigned from 1875 to 1908. He was born in Beijing on Aug. 17, 1918, six years after Pu Yi abdicated.

READ MORE.....

1 comment:

  1. May I share a blog about Beijing, at Forbidden City in https://stenote.blogspot.com/2018/10/beijing-at-forbidden-city.html
    Watch also the video in youtube https://youtu.be/mFRbH9breNk

    ReplyDelete