Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Is the Pope Getting the Catholics Ready for an Economic Revolution?

By Lynn Stuart Parramore 
 
Is the Pope Getting the Catholics Ready for an Economic Revolution? (Maybe He Read Marx) A specter is haunting the Vatican.

 AlterNet / November 27, 2013      

In 1992, the Catholic Church officially apologized for persecuting 17th-century astronomer Galileo, who dared to assert that the Earth revolved around the sun. In 2008, the Vatican even considered putting up a statue of him.   Could a certain 19th-century atheist philosopher be next?

It is true that in 2009, a Vatican newspaper article put a positive spin on one Karl Marx. The author, German historian Georg Sans, praised Marx for his criticism of the alienation and injustice faced by working people in a world where the privileged few own the capital. Sans suggested that Marx’s view was relevant today: “We have to ask ourselves, with Marx, whether the forms of alienation of which he spoke have their origin in the capitalist system....” Indeed.

To read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment