Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

These Stunning Maps Prove Just How Much the Rich Control U.S. Politics Raphaella

By Raphaella Baek 

Policy Mic - October 31, 2013 

Earlier this month, Republican donor Shaun McCutcheon argued at the U.S. Supreme Court that his First Amendment rights are being violated by current limits on the total amount of money he can contribute to federal candidates. McCutcheon and the Republican National Committee claim that the Federal Election Commission's $48,600 limit on individual campaign contributions hinders wealthy citizens' right to support as many groups or candidates as they would like. But a new campaign finance study by the Sunlight Foundation and Azavea, a Philadelphia-based geospatial analysis firm, debunks this argument.

To read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment