Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Why do journalists prefer Twitter to Facebook?

By Ezra Klein

The Washington Post, Wonkblog - November 11, 2013

I spent the weekend at O'Reilly Media's "News Foo" conference, which brings together journalists, publishers, tech types, and Werewolf players. A lot of the attendees worked for major social networks like Facebook and Twitter, had built products to help publishers manage their social-media presence, or worked for outlets that create content designed for social media. And over and again, I got the same question: Why are journalists so obsessed with Twitter?
You can see the source of their confusion in this Shareaholic report, which tracks 13 months of data from 200,000 publishers who reach more than 250 million unique visitors each month.

To read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment