Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Friday, November 1, 2013

There Are Only Three Kinds of Jobs Where Women Earn More Than Men

Counselors, health technicians, and part-time workers.

By Jordan Weissmann

The Atlantic - Nov 1 2013

As a general rule, American men earn more than American women. This holds true across industries, across education levels, and across states. But, there's at least one big exception: part-time employees.
In 2012, women who worked less than 40 hours a week generally out-earned men who spent the same amount at their jobs. If they worked 35 hours a week, they earned about 11 percent more. If they worked 25 hours a week, they earned about 4 percent more.
But once females hit that magic 40 hour threshold, their relative pay plummeted, as shown on this graph adapted from a new report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

To read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment