Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Prince Charles Criticised For Taking Part In Saudi Arabian Sword Dance

By Charlotte Meredith

The Huffington Post UK  |  19/02/2014

Prince Charles has been criticised for joining members of the Saudi royal family and taking part in an Ardah or sword dance in a stadium in the capital Riyadh.  Sword in his hand and wearing traditional robes, the Prince of Wales looked "painfully awkward" as he took part in a ceremony to celebrate cultural life in Saudi Arabia.  But human rights groups have slammed the move, saying the royal "should be under no illusions that outside of the palatial royal residences of Riyadh and Doha, the human rights situation in both countries is desperately bad."

Read and watch more....

No comments:

Post a Comment