Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, August 6, 2015

China to establish police offices in top internet firms

RUSSIA TODAY - 5 Aug, 2015

In efforts to better tackle “criminal behavior online”, China is planning to set up cyber-security police offices in the country’s major internet companies.
“As the country enters the internet age, network security has become a national security issue and social stability issue, important to economic development and a serious day-to-day working issue for citizens,” the Public Security Ministry said in a statement published on Tuesday.
According to the ministry, the new measures would allow law enforcement to react more quickly to illegal online activities as well as helping to protect personal information and prevent online crimes.
“We will set up network security offices inside important website and internet firms, so that we can catch criminal behavior online at the earliest possible point,” said the deputy minister, Chen Zhimin, at a press conference in Beijing on Tuesday.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment