Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Sundar Pichai and the world of Indian CEOs

BBC - 11 August 2015

It is not every day that one of the world's largest technology companies announces a new CEO.  So when Google announced that Sundar Pichai was taking the reins on Monday, his promotion gained thousands of column inches worldwide - not least of all in his native India.  The Hindu newspaper called the news "a bonus for people of Indian-origin world over". The Times of India hailed the "quiet yet thoughtful" man from Chennai (Madras).  But his ascent is far from unique. In fact, it is becoming ever more common for major international companies to have an Indian-born CEO.  One study, by the University of Southern New Hampshire, says that Indian managers are more successful because of "a paradoxical blend of genuine personal humility and intense professional will".

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment