Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Even the Taliban Is Disgusted by the Islamic State's Latest Video

By Charlotte Meredith

VICE - August 12, 2015

The savagery of the so-called Islamic State (IS) has reportedly proved too extreme even for the Taliban, with the group condemning a "horrific" video that appears to show militants blowing up bound and blindfolded Afghan prisoners with explosives.
In the latest example of the ongoing battle for supremacy between the insurgent groups, the Taliban issued a strongly-worded response on Tuesday denouncing the IS propaganda video, which appeared on jihadi social media forums on Sunday.
"A horrific video was released yesterday showing kidnappers who associate themselves with Daesh [IS] brutally martyring several white-bearded tribal elders and villagers with explosives," said a statement posted on the Taliban's website and translated by Reuters.

READ MORE...

No comments:

Post a Comment