Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Exxon, BP Estimate Alaska LNG Export Project at $65 Billion






Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM), ConocoPhillips, BP Plc (BP/) and TransCanada Corp. said a project to liquefy and export natural gas from Alaska will cost as much as $65 billion and take more than 10 years to construct.

The venture includes an 800-mile (1,300-kilometer) pipeline from the North Slope to Alaska’s southern coast as well as a liquefaction plant and storage tanks, the companies said in an Oct. 1 letter received by Alaskan Governor Sean Parnell’s office yesterday. The governor had asked the companies to “harden the numbers” on the project by the end of September, Parnell said in a statement.

To continue reading.......

No comments:

Post a Comment