Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Monday, January 4, 2016

Telecommuting Can Make the Office a Lonely Place, a Study Says

By PHYLLIS KORKKI

THE NEW YORK TIMES - JAN. 2, 2016

Ever since telecommuting became a viable option for a broad spectrum of workers, some companies have offered it as a tempting perk. Why not make workers happier by allowing them to spend more time with their families, avoid long commutes and exert more control over their schedules? Plus, off-site work enables businesses to save money on real estate and hire talented people who live in far-flung locations.  If managers have had doubts about telecommuting, they have centered on whether people working from home will be as productive as they are in the office and if some form of monitoring is necessary, said Kevin W. Rockmann, an associate management professor at George Mason University.

READ MORE.....

No comments:

Post a Comment