Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Tech World: Welcome to the Digital Revolution By Kevin Drum

Foreign Affairs - July/August 2018 Issue
Predicting the future is hard, so let’s start by explaining the past. What’s the best lens for evaluating the arc of world history during the nineteenth century? For starters, it’s the dawn of liberal democracy. The French have already guillotined their king, and a handful of John Locke enthusiasts across the Atlantic have established a nascent republic. In the United Kingdom, the philosopher John Stuart Mill is ably defending liberal democracy and human dignity. It’s starting to look like monarchy has had its day. Then there’s the laissez-faire capitalist revolution, starring such economists as Thomas Malthus and David Ricardo. Karl Marx is bringing economics to the proletariat.

READ MORE.......

No comments:

Post a Comment