Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Neoliberalism and the Machinery of Disposability

By Henry A Giroux

Truthout | Op-Ed - Tuesday, 08 April 2014

Under the regime of neoliberalism, especially in the United States, war has become an extension of politics as almost all aspects of society have been transformed into a combat zone. Americans now live in a society in which almost everyone is spied on, considered a potential terrorist, and subject to a mode of state and corporate lawlessness in which the arrogance of power knows no limits. The state of exception has become normalized.  Moreover, as society becomes increasingly militarized and political concessions become relics of a long-abandoned welfare state hollowed out to serve the interest of global markets, the collective sense of ethical imagination and social responsibility toward those who are vulnerable or in need of care is now viewed as a scourge or pathology.

Read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment