Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Rebounding Dubai Wants to “Prove the World Wrong”

By Nicolas Parasie

The Wall Street Journal - Apr 8, 2014 

Dubai Inc.’s top brass traveled to London this week, claiming vindication in the way it handled the financial crisis and confident its current growth story will avoid the pitfalls of past years.
Government officials and representatives from Dubai’s leading businesses sought to allay the concerns of an audience consisting of a few international investors and (event sponsor) Deutsche BankDBK.XE -0.39% executives that the emirate’s recent rebound bore the characteristics of its previous boom.
The Dubai delegation made its case at a time when the emirate appears to be in good shape again: gross domestic product is expected to expand at about 5% this year, its main stockmarket is one of the world’s best performing, while trade and tourism -the emirate’s main economic pillars- are flourishing.

Read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment