Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Monday, May 4, 2015

Who Can Push for Change Within a Company?

Corporate structures can be mystifying, and sometimes it's hard to tell who on the inside has actual power.

Christine Bader

THE ATLANTIC - May 4, 2015 

Innovation and change in business often mean a shiny new product or a “re-branding” with a redesigned logo and an acronym in a sans serif font.
But what interests me, as someone who has worked for years in corporate social responsibility, is the sort of innovation that changes how a business does business. I’m talking about how decisions get made and how resources get allocated; how projects and departments get evaluated; what gets people promoted and fired; how companies interact with partners, suppliers, the myriad constituencies they affect, and the natural environment. How, and why, do those systems and processes change?
 
 
External forces can help lead a company to change. Regulators create laws and policies (and sometimes enforce them); companies compete with each other (sometimes to the top, sometimes to the bottom); investors, consumers, and the media can all exert pressure. But whatever external forces suggest, the company decides whether and how to internalize those pressures.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment