Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Friday, November 9, 2012

CIA Director Petraeus Resigns, Citing Extramarital Affair







“After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair,” Petraeus wrote in a letter today to Central Intelligence Agency employees. “Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours.”

President Barack Obama accepted his resignation today. White House staff learned about Petraeus’s resignation and affair Nov. 7, on Petraeus’s 60th birthday and the day after Obama’s re-election to a second term, according to a person familiar with the disclosure. Petraeus offered his resignation yesterday in a meeting with Obama at the White House, said the person, who requested anonymity to discuss internal matters.

To read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment