Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Visualizing Economics

Inequality in New York City 2009 

I was asked a while back to work on a cover for a report “Income Inequality in New York City” published by New York City Comptroller’s Office. Their analysis of the 2009 New York City Income Tax Files breakout the share of income going to the top 1% and other income groups. While my graphics were not used for the cover, you can take a look at two versions I mocked up based on some their data and cover ideas.

To see Inequality in New York City 2009


Highest Paying Jobs in the US: 2005

While athletes, movie stars and other celebrities can earn very high incomes, the majority (61%) of very high-income people (> $1,246,000) work as corporate executives or in the finance industry. When you account for all taxpayers with income greater than 1.2 million a year, the list includes: Lawyers; Medical jobs; Real estate jobs; Entrepreneurs; Business operations; Computer, math, engineering, technical jobs; Skilled sales; Professors and scientists; Farmers & ranchers.

To see Visualizing Economics:

No comments:

Post a Comment