Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Monday, August 31, 2015

First US State Legalizes Weaponized Police Drones

By Jennifer Baker

REVOLUTION NEWS on 08/27/2015 

Thanks to a last-minute push by a pro-police lobbyist, it is now legal for law enforcement in North Dakota to fly drones armed with ‘less lethal’ weapons such as rubber bullets, tear gas, tasers, sound cannons and pepper spray.
Less lethal weapons can kill. At least 39 people have been killed by police Tasers in 2015 so far, according to The Guardian. Bean bags, rubber bullets, and flying tear gas canisters have also killed and maimed people in the U.S. and abroad.  When State Rep. Rick Becker introduced H.B. 1328, the law both banned weaponized drones and established a procedure for law enforcement to seek a warrant before using drones in searches. Only the warrant requirement survived.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment