Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Friday, October 12, 2012

Oil Groups Set to Export US Crude

Financial Times
Friday, 12 Oct 2012

Some of the world’s biggest oil companies and traders are poised to export substantial amounts of crude from the US for the first time in decades, as booming output there promises to reshape global energy markets.

Royal Dutch Shell and Vitol, the world’s largest independent oil trading house, are among the six companies known to have applied to the U.S. government for export licenses, the Financial Times has learnt.

A surge of exports from the U.S. would affect oil trading patterns between Europe, west Africa and North America. Greater supplies in the Atlantic basin are likely to put pressure on physical prices of other crudes in the region, particularly Brent,the North Sea benchmark.

To continue reading........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment