Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Recent report on the Human Rights situation in the United States, published by Russian Foreign Ministry

Human Rights situation in the United States, published by Russian Foreign Ministry
Contents:
Introduction
U.S. participation in the international treaties and conventions on human rights
Manifestations of racial, ethnic and religious intolerance
Excessive use of force by the police and racial profiling
Immigration policy, human trafficking
Economic and social rights
Rights of children
Voting Rights
Freedom of speech and press, transparency of government activities
Internet censorship
Capital  punishment
The penitentiary system
Tracing dissidents and potential terrorists
Indiscriminate use of force in armed conflict zones.
Program of targeted killings
Abductions, CIA "black site" prisons, tortures
Prison in the territory of the US military base in
Guantanamo and indefinite detention

To download the report:

No comments:

Post a Comment