Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, January 5, 2014

China: Can Xi Jinping’s ‘Chinese Dream’ Vision Be Realized?

Xi Jinping China's Xi Jinping 

By D. S. Rajan

Eurasiareview - January 4, 2014

Essentially, the “Chinese Dream” vision reflects the aspiration of the supreme leader Xi Jinping to transform the People’s Republic of China (PRC) into a strong and fully modernized nation by 2050, with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) playing a leading role.
The paper finds that the situation in which reforms, a sure means to realize the vision, are progressing without a matching political liberalization programme in the country. This may prove to be a major handicap to realization of the dream. It also traces the implications of the dream for the Chinese society, military modernization and the PRC’s foreign policy. –
“Realizing the Chinese dream of the great national rejuvenation would mean China’s becoming a prosperous country, a revitalized nation, and having happy people”
– Xi Jinping, General Secretary of the Chinese Communist Party- CCP, 19 August 2013

To read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment