Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Monday, March 31, 2014

Former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert convicted of accepting bribes in Holyland case

Olmert convicted in one of the largest corruption scandals ever exposed in Israel; Judge: Olmert lied to the court.

By Revital Hovel  

Hareetz | Mar. 31, 2014

Former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert was convicted Monday of accepting bribes in the Holyland corruption case. 
Tel Aviv District Court Judge David Rosen convicted Olmert of accepting bribes when he served as mayor of Jerusalem in exchange for helping the developers of the Holyland Park residential project in the city. Shula Zaken, Olmert's former bureau chief, was also convicted of accepting bribes on Monday.
Olmert had denied wrongdoing in the Holyland apartment complex deal, as well as other corruption allegations that forced his resignation as premier in 2008.

Read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment