Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Where everyone in the world is migrating

By Nick Stockton 

Quartz - March 28, 2014

It’s no secret that the world’s population is on the move, but it’s rare to get a glimpse of where that flow is happening. In a study released in today’s Science, a team of geographers used data snapshots to create a broad analysis of global migrations over 20 years.
+
The study was conducted by three geographic researchers from the Wittgenstein Centre for Demography and Global Human Capital in Vienna. The researchers presented their data in five-year increments, from 1990 to 2010. Their research is unique, because it turned static census counts from over 150 countries into a dynamic flow of human traffic. 

Read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment