Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The United States of China

By SCOTT MOORE

The New York Times - MARCH 11, 2014

Last week, China’s two primary legislative bodies, the National People’s Congress and the People’s Political Consultative Congress, convened their annual meetings in Beijing. Although the delegates’ primary function is to ratify decisions made by Communist Party leaders, the occasion of the two assemblies often stokes debate on policy reforms.
The delegates had much to discuss, including a recent murderous rampage on civilians at a train station in the south, linked by the government to a separatist movement in the west. Yet the most promising path for long-term political reform in China was not on the agenda: federalism.

Read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment