Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Friday, November 9, 2012

Moscow unsatisfied with Russia-U.S. ties


Xinhuane
November 9, 2012

MOSCOW, Nov. 9 (Xinhua) -- Moscow was unsatisfied with the current level of relations with the U.S., a high-ranking Russian diplomat said Friday.

"First of all, we are very much worried about the absence of normal, serious, sound economic relations with the U.S." Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said in an interview with a Moscow online publication Public Post.

"We need trade, we need investment," Rysbkov said, adding there were plenty of opportunities for U.S. investment in Russia.

The diplomat said Russian businessmen preferred doing business in countries with more familiar economic conditions, such as member states of the European Union and the Customs Union.
Another reason why the Russia -U.S. trade ties were unsatisfactory is the still-valid Jackson-Vanik amendment, Ryabkov said.

To read more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment